3. Norwegian Spirit
My wife and I are not habitual cruisers although we have 4 previous holidays with 4 different companies. We booked this cruise out of New Orleans because we wanted a few days staying there prior to sailing. We joined the queue to register, and it was long, but we were impressed at the efficiency of the staff. The ship itself was clean and well maintained. The cabin that we had was small but that did not bother us because it was just somewhere to sleep. The dining was acceptable, although there was little variance between the menus in any of the restaurants. As people have previously mentioned the ships director, Kyle, was the most irritating and ignorant man we have encountered. He constantly preened himself; self congratulated himself and generally looked down on the people who effectively pay his salary. We said good morning to him on two occasions and he just waltzed past us with his nose in the air. The entertainment outside the theatre was largely debasing. Without exception all the game contestants were Americans, as if nobody else existed which is just as well because during one particular so called game show, grown women were on their hands and knees barking like dogs, totally insulting. All this supervised of course by, (look at me my name is) Kyle. The entertainment in the theatre was excellent. The skills involved with the trapeze and the Broadway show were truly exceptional. We did not like the comedian however; he may have been funny if we could have understood any of his jokes. We went to Henry's bar each teatime to take part in the trivia quiz; sadly 90% of the questions were about American subjects which ruled us out of having any chance, nevertheless it is a great venue to meet people. The ratings we have given for entertainment is slightly misleading, as we have said the theatre is worthy of a 5, but the entertainment in the Galaxy of the stars for example we would rate as a 1. Shore excursions were a complete waste of time and money, perhaps with the exception of Belize which at least offered some insight to life there. Roatan on the other hand was nothing but a slum. We ventured no further than 25 yards outside the port gates and turned back, such was the level of insecurity we felt. Overall this cruise is made for, and caters for Americans. I cannot recommend it for Europeans. NCL are off our list, there is better quality out there.

Not impressed with this one

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Ken

• Sail Date: October 2011
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside
NCL are off our list, there is better quality out there.
Ken’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IA
My toilet at home is bigger.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins