3. Norwegian Dawn
Hubby and I along with our best friends used this as our weekend adult getaway. I loved the ship. I've read plenty of reviews that did not seem favorable and cannot understand why. The service was great and the food was very good. We never saw our cabin steward, but I did not think it was a big deal since it was only a 2 night CTN. He/she did leave us a towel animal on the last night though! The buffet seemed to over a great variety of food. We did not eat in the MDR at all. We ate at Moderno the first night. Service was a little slow. The waiter seemed to be overwhelmed with the few tables he had. However, the food was good. Not sure if it was worth a $20 pp cover charge though. The second night we ate at La Cucina for $10 per person. The food was very good and service was EXCELLENT! We also ate at the Sushi Bar twice. The a la carte pricing was very reasonable compared to what we pay at home. The sushi (spicy tuna) was the best I have had in a long time. Again, service was very good. We also ate at The Blue Lagoon. Service was good and food was not bad at all. We thought the ship was perfect size. Our balcony cabin was small but perfect for the 2 of us. We know that we would need at least a mini suite for the family when we go on the Dawn again. The staff was very friendly. We never saw a staff member who was not helpful or smiling - even in frigid temperatures! Over all, great weekend cruise, great ship and great staff.

Weekend Cruise

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by yhdmommy

• Sail Date: October 2011
  • Destination: Nowhere
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We also ate at The Blue Lagoon. Service was good and food was not bad at all.

Over all, great weekend cruise, great ship and great staff.
yhdmommy’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB 10678
Great location. Not too far from mid ship elevators. Rather quiet. Ample space for 2 guests/2 nights.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins