3. Avalon Affinity
This is the second small ship we have cruised, with the first one being on the Yangtze River in China. That was wonderful, and I believe it was the same cruise line, but different ship. Let me begin with the positive...the room/bath was the best we've had on a ship...mostly because of the roomy, full-sized bath. The ship was modern and nice, although a bit sterile feeling. Having said that, the food was lousy and repetitive (had risotto at least four times at different meals during the first two days!), and the staff were rude and unfriendly, with few exceptions. The only friendly staff on board was the cabin stewardess, two bar servers, the chef, and the piano player. Everyone else, including the cruise director, were unfriendly to different degrees. You could tell that most crew members were tired of working and wanted to go home. I won't said that cruise line again, although perhaps other ships would be OK. This was certainly not!

1st cruise I've been unhappy with!

Avalon Affinity Cruise Review by CCinCalifornia

• Sail Date: September 2011
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

CCinCalifornia’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin B 225
The cabin was the only good thing about the whole cruise. If that had of been marginal, I would have demanded a refund!
Sapphire Deck Balcony Cabins