• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

paiagirl
First Time Cruiser • Age 80s

Sail Date: Sep 2011
Cabin: Oceanview Picture Window

I knew when I saw this itinerary, that I wanted to do this because we have never been on a trans-atlantic cruise before.

We flew directly to Dusseldorf via Air Berlin from LAX where we were met by German friends that we became friends with when we were on the NCL JADE to the Black Sea in 2009. After a day and night of German hospitality we then went by train to Lubeck where we stayed a couple nights at Hotel Stadt Lubeck. It is close to the Bahnhof which is what we wanted and clean. Maybe, a couple minutes of walk. We didn't hear any trains from our room. It is small and not modern. While at Lubeck we met a friend that I haven't seen for over 40 years.

From Lubeck, we went by train to Copenhagen where we stayed at Hotel Savoy before embarking the NCL SUN.

Oceanview Picture Window

Cabin OE

Our stateroom was next to Atrium area. When disembarking at various ports, they used that exit but the door to our hallway was closed. I like it that it was close to the info desk and easy to get around.

Port Reviews

Copenhagen

Copenhagen is a beautiful place to visit. So many things to see. We did the Netto boat ride during our short time there and glad that we did and would recommend.

Amsterdam

As a first timer in Amsterdam, we did a tour with Marius to see as much as possible.

Brugge (Bruges)

Going to Brussels was awesome plus going to Ghent before going to Bruges. I know that it will be hard doing all we did but we were fortunate to have friends that knew where to go, especially for restaurants besides sightseeing.

Lisbon

I would recommend going with "We hate tourism tours". They take you around Lisbon's narrow streets etc before going to Sintra.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

It is actually Cape Canaveral. Don't know much about it except catching the shuttle to the Orlando airport.

Find a Norwegian Sun Cruise from $489