3. Seven Seas Voyager
First the good: Food: good to excellent Breakfast: Veranda was very good, with a large assortment of standard items (bacon, eggs, omelets, ham, potatoes, coffee, juices, cereals, fruits, etc.). The eggs on the buffet however were inedible, IMO. So I just ordered omelets cooked to order. We also had room service breakfast several mornings, due to early tours. These were delivered on time, and where necessary, were hot. Lunches: We never made it to Veranda for lunch, due to excursions, so we sometimes went to the pool grill. Food was good, but the bread for burgers and hot dogs were often hard due to being exposed to the air. Dinners: Prime7 and Signatures were both very good to excellent. We got in to each restaurant twice, and I think the first time in each was excellent, with quality going down a notch on the second visit. In Signatures, try the frog leg risotto! Never made it to Compass Rose, but did have room service delivered. Entrees were good and also hot. Starters were less so, as they seemed to be on the cool side. Room: we upgraded to a penthouse suite, upon receiving an offer from Regent. Room was nice, just not as large as I had hoped. Butler service was nice, but I think that having one butler per 10 suites is a little much. He always seemed to be very busy, which may account for the cold appetizers. Shows: Went to two, but only stayed for one. Cirque Voyager show was excellent, the other dance/music show kept our attention for about 10 minutes. I don't think this is any different than any other cruise line, as the shows all seemed amateurish! Excursions: The Regent "free" excursion were all well done and well organized. We missed a few due to the weather, but all in all, it was fine. Ship: Very nice Staff: All were attentive, courteous, exuberant, etc. So customer service was top notch! Now for the bad: Weather played havoc with our itinerary. The captain had to cancel the ports of Zakinthos, Amalfi and Santorini. There were all tender ports, and the weather did no cooperate. A lot of passengers were angry, but the captain did his job! Sure I would have liked to make it into those ports, but I doubt if my wife's sensitive stomach would have survived the tender without puking! Also, the general strike in Greece caused a problem for our arrival. However, Regent rearranged flights, paid for extras days in Greece, and got us out on Friday with little problem. Being given an extra day in Greece was actually nice! However, large piles of garbage, graffiti everywhere gave Athens the look of a dump site! So, I would recommend Regent to my friends and family, and look forward to another cruise in 2013!

Nice Cruise, Bad Weather, Bad Greece Strike

dvalentine823’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Penthouse Suite
Cabin B 720
Cabin 720 was well laid out, albeit a bit small for a penthouse.
Deck 8 Suite Cabins