3. Carnival Dream
I like to research everything before I spend my hard earned money on it, so to say I wasn't a little apprehensive going on this ship would be a lie. I read some of the unflattering reviews here. I must say that in comparison to the other cruises I've been on, this one was the best. I'll admit that I've only sailed Carnival, because of the price, in the past. Some of the issues other posters brought up, like kids running wild, horrible lines, bad stewards and/or waiters, is really overstated. It is possible that the worst problem I had on the boat was with the bed. It felt like sleeping on a concrete pad. I woke up in the morning with my lower back and hips aching. My fiancee on the other hand loved it. Also, the weather was a little bit cool and gloomy (not that Carnival can control this). Our waiter, Rodney, was awesome. He was very friendly, remembered our preferences and was all in all awesome. The bar waiter, Mario, was great as well. I wish I could have taken Mario home with me to fetch me beers, because he was very nice and funny. Our cabin stewards were fine. They didn't bother us too much and made sure to keep everything clean. I can't ask for more than that. As for children and/or teens running wild, I can't speak to that. There really were not too many kids on this cruise. In fact, the biggest problem I had was with senior citizens. It seems like every time I tried to go somewhere, there was a senior meandering aimlessly in front of me. It felt like I was on a huge floating Wal-Mart at times, where inconsiderate people in their own world were going out of their way to be in the way. As for the ship itself, it's a cruise ship. There are a lot of things to do, but when it comes down to it, a cruise is a cruise. If you want things beyond bingo, drinking, gambling, and other random games, then you should probably try something else. I will say--if you go to these ships for entertainment in the form of dancing/singing shows, prepare to be let down!! I'll admit, I'm not one for these to begin with, but after being dragged there by my fiancee, I wanted to pour bleach in my ears after about 2 minutes. The two singers were horrible and the dancers were worse than some of the 2 year olds my fiancee teaches. But, it's not like I expected a Broadway show. If you see one show, wait until the last night when they do the Legends show. They get people off the ship to perform and it is pretty good. The lines at the buffets were a bit annoying. You just have to figure out when the rush is going to be and try to avoid it. All in all, I like this boat and would sail on it again.

I had fun...maybe my expectations are not as high..

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by cengleman

All in all, I like this boat and would sail on it again.
cengleman’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin 8C 8443
Our balcony cabin was nice and roomy. I don't think, however, I'd pay extra for a balcony again. We didn't use it that much. Also, it gets really annoying when the people around you can't pick up their chairs to move them. YOu hear constant scooting that is a pain if you are trying to sleep in.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins