• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

DKN493
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2011
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with Window

This was our second River Cruise with Viking Cruise lines and it was great. The scenery along the Rhine and Main rivers is spectacular. Castles and vineyards on the hills along the river and interesting cities and villages all along the river. The food on this cruise was also great. Our chef, Karl Heinz was super. At the buffet meals he was in the dining room directly supervising activities and at dinner he was often checking to make sure everyone was satisfied. Program Director Marek and his staff were very well organized and knew the area very well. The shore excursions were all well organized and the local guides were excellent.

I was ill for several days and as soon as I sought help the staff found me a local English speaking doctor at our next stop who was able to get me the required medicine to get me back on my feet.

River Cruising is a great way to see Europe. We visited 14 different cities or towns without having to pack or unpack once. The staterooms are larger than on most ocean cruises and although the level of luxury is not what is found on an ocean cruise the fact that there are only 150 other guests means you can actually get to know a good number of your fellow travellers.

Deluxe Stateroom with Window

Port Reviews

Amsterdam

Ship docks right on the edge of old downtown so it is an easy walk into the city.

Budapest

Ship docks on river between Buda and Pest. It is an easy walk to many interesting parts of the city. You could easily spend a couple of extra days wandering around Budapest. We have visited twice and really love this city.

Find a Viking Legend Cruise