3. Viking Pride
My wife and I just got back from a wonderful holiday in Europe. We spent a few days in Amsterdam, and then boarded the Viking Pride for a 15 day Grand European Tour river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest. I must say, it is a great way to see Europe. Unpack once, enjoy great food and company on a small, 150 passenger vessel. We made stops at Kinderdijk, Netherlands, Cologne, Koblenz, Miltenberg, Wurzburg, Rothenberg, Bamberg, Nuremberg, Regensburg, Passau, all in Germany, then to Melk, Durnstein, and Vienna, Austria, then Bratislava, Slovakia, and finally to Budapest, Poland. The food was not great but what I would call very good, and the accommodations, typical of any cruise weve been on, were small but clean. Every stop had a tour, some on a bus, then walking, some simply walking tours. We also had a number of optional excursions, one of them a fabulous trip to Rothenberg, a medieval city in Germany. Viking also had a number of enrichment programs on the ship, with talks on windmills, Germany, the European Union, and Vienna. There were also classical music and Hungarian folk performances, and a glass blowing demonstration on the ship. Cruising the Rhine and Danube offered many incredible picture opportunities with simply breathtaking scenery. We had a super time.highly recommended.

Viking Grand European River Cruise

Viking Pride Cruise Review by K&DCruiser

• Sail Date: September 2011
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Large Window

We had a super time.highly recommended.
K&DCruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Stateroom with Large Window
Cabin A 302
Our Cabin was in the top of three floors for this river cruise ship. It was fairly small, but not unexpected. The house keeping and overall condition of the cabin was excellent. There was no balcony. A top floor cabin on a river cruise is recommended because I believe they offer a better view while travelling up the rivers.
Upper Deck Outside Cabins