3. Carnival Glory
Veterans are entitled to a discount, by sending in DD 214, thru Carnival. It is not advertised and I found out about it on board talking to other vets. Called Carnival after and they said seeing I booked early I was not entitled to discount. Sounds like a politician talking out both sides of mouth. Debarkation Info; passed out last day of cruise states each adult allowed 2 liters of alcohol, their on board shop selling a package deal of 4 one liter bottles of vodka, duty free also. Wife and I purchased their 4 - 1 liter bottle offer prior to New York arrival. US Customs held me back till I went and paid tax on 2 of the 4 bottles. Customs agent said that you are only allowed 1 liter duty free. Wife waited with all luggage while I scampered down to the other end, about 1500 feet away, to the duty tax window and back again. Only $6.00 tax but a great inconvience and misinformation by them. We are both elderly and I am handicapped, walking with a cane, due to their wrong info and sales procedure. A call after return home resolved nothing, they would not admit their info packet is incorrect. They instead said that each port is different. Hard to believe US Customs have different standards for each entry point. Who is the lier here? They sure would not admit it. Boston port: They stressed returning early to ship for normal departure schedule. Waiting over 1 1/2 hours in line to board, only one entrance ramp open with some 2000+ passengers, a cruise official dressed in a white uniform cut thru the line, went to back of line and returned, excusing himself again, brought about 50+ people from back of line around us and onto another newly opened ramp. We were about 20 feet from entering ramp. Many of us in line stopped him after and questioned his move. He said that we were almost to the ramp and the people in back were far from the entrance? What was I to do, was his final reply. We have been on around 9 cruises and I have never been hounded so much getting on/off and while on board for taking our pictures. Also continually hounded every 2 - 5 minutes while relaxing, being asked if we want a drink of the day. Bottom line, enjoy Carnival Cruising, because my wife and I, and also our accompanying first time cruising friends will never go with them again.

Veterans discount, port reboarding and duty free allowance,

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Mellow69Yellow

Mellow69Yellow’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Interior
Cabin 4C 6369
Center of ship cabins you hear alot from the atrium area of entertainment. very late into the evening.

The lower berth and more center of ship the least movement. Of about 9 previous cruises, this is by far the most movement ever experienced, with as little as 2-3 foot waves. Sad seeing ship is only 8 years old.

Very limited channels available on TV. Cruise highlights of shows always showing same from the first day and not updated with other events, etc..

Other cruise lines show highlights of the previous days and is changed each day for your in room viewing, but not Carnival.

Room service was very good, fast and unobtrusive to the guest.

Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins