3. Enchantment of the Seas
We were part of a group of eight first time cruisers on Royal Caribbean, and all agreed that it would not be our last. We started with a great time in Baltimore capped off with a wonderful pre-cruise dinner at G&M Seafood Restaurant. There were a total of 12 Cruise Critics at the dinner where we all had top notched Maryland crab cakes. We booked one night before and one night after the cruise at Comfort Inn Airport. Hotel was just ok, but the price was reasonable which included a full breakfast and a shuttle to the cruise terminal. Arrived at the cruise terminal at 11:00 am and was on-board having lunch around 11:45 am. Boarding and departing the ship in Baltimore was the easiest of any cruise terminal we have experienced. Weather for our cruise was great except for Boston where we had rain and fog. Bar Harbor had a record high of 90 deg. while we were there. We enjoyed all of the ports, but Halifax was our favorite. In Halifax we had booked a private tour with Your Cabs. Our driver was Jonathon Duru who has to the best tour guide we have ever booked. His knowledge of the history of Halifax, the Titanic and Peggy's Cove was outstanding. As for the Enchantment, Like I have stated, this was our first cruise with RCI and we were very pleased. When comparing the Enchantment to most of the Carnival ships that we have sailed with, I would have to say that RCI's style is more to our liking. Food was as good or better and entertainment was comparable. Our stateroom was smaller than on Carnival but had much more storage available. Now for the negative. I'm sure that I am not the first to observe this, but RCI must do something about the overcrowding of the public rooms such as the theater and the Market Place buffet. I understand that this was caused by the addition of staterooms during the last refit. I would hope that RCI will address this during Enchantment's next refit.

First Cruise with Royal Caribbean

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by richcrow

richcrow’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Large Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin H 3124
Small as compared to like stateroom on Carnival but adequate. Much more storage than other cruise lines we have sailed with.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins