3. Norwegian Sun
My wife and I have always cruised alone but this cruise we chose to cruise with friends and their children. We chose the Sun strictly by price for the families. Day 1: Embarkation day went pretty smooth considering it was a heavy rain fall all day. We were driven to the port by friends and we unloaded under the canopy to drop off the luggage. From the parking lot to getting on board the ship was approximately 45 minutes. Once on board the lines at the buffet were not long and finding a seat was no problem. Not that this was the cruise line's fault but we did not do too much on the first night considering we were in 60 knot winds and 25-30 foot seas. Walking around the ship was an adventure. Most people were either in their staterooms for the night or getting sick on deck. The entertainment on the ship was average, the band on deck called Titanium I believe was too loud. The lead singer was screaming into the mike. Then on I believe was the last sea day they had a female singer with a guitar and a sound box come out. I'm sure she's fine in a lounge singing but on the pool deck her style just seemed to not fit in. The food was good on all levels but did have trouble with the service in the MDR. Dinner on the second night took over 2 hours and when the Maitre De came over to talk we told him that we missed the show and for the rest of the cruise he reserved us a waiter by the name of Dennis Pierre. Excellent waiter who has been with NCL for 15 years. We decided this time to rough it and stay in an inside room so we could be near our friends. We usually do balcony so we weren't expecting much but this inside cabin was great. The first time on a cruise that my wife had more storage space for her clothes then she knew what to do with. It was on the end of a row of cabins and had a 6 foot utility space on the other side so we had no neighbors to worry about making noise. Overall I would give this cruise an above average, knowing it was not Disney or RCCL lines but worth the money we paid.

Not Bad

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by madthumper

madthumper’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IC 8114
8114. Spacious room for two adults. End of a row of cabins and a 6 foot dead space between us and the next cabin's wall so there was absolutely no noise from neighbors. Alot of closet and drawer space in this cabin.
Viking Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins