3. Carnival Glory
My husband and I decided to book this cruise as a compromise. We are taking the kids on a Caribbean one during Spring Break 2012 and he loves Canada. We live near Baltimore so we drove to NY. It was fine getting into NY but with 9/11 the next day it took a while to get to the terminal. We parked right at the terminal a bit pricey but was a great location. We checked in and then waited to board which took us no more then 45 minutes with a place to sit. Our first cruise with Carnival 10 Years ago with 2 small kids was a nightmare but since then things seem like they are pretty easy to get on the ship. We went to eat which was exactly what I expected then went to hang out in the Serenity lounge ( a nice addition) till we could get in our room. Room was clean and the Steward introduced himself to our husband. The only time I had an issue was the last night the Steward didn't turn down our room. Other then that everything was great. I have to admit, I didn't love Any time dining. The wait was to long and ended up eating the same time as when we had late dining. We ending up meeting a mother and son and ate with them at the late seating. The food was good. The last night I couldn't decide what I wanted so the waiter bought me three dishes. The Ports: Like I said before this cruise was more for my husband so the ports were okay to me. I would rather be on a beach, shopping at a straw market, snorkeling (get the picture). My favorite port was Halifax. There was alot do do there. I had never been to Boston and the only thing I wanted to do (the swan boats) wasn't operating when we got to the gardens. We took an excursion to Kennibunkport and really liked that. St John was the least of my favorite ports. I should have done the zipline at the reversing falls. The Entertainment: The entertainment was okay. Typical Carnival shows. I feel like the 5 Carnival cruises I have been on, the entertainment hadn't changed that much. The hypnotist was fantastic though. I do want to say that the review before said that activities were closed due to rough seas. They pretty much made it sound like that was bogus. The seas were rough the last sea day. I can understand why the outside stuff was closed. I even had to take a bonine and I don't usually get seasick. Departing: It was just what I expected. Our car was parked right there so we were on the way home by 11:30. Worked for me. In Conclusion: I had a good time. No kids. Who wouldn't? You have to make the best of any situation. My husband and I are pretty easy to please.

New England-Canada Review