• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

TravelGirlinDallas
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Oct 2011
Cabin:

This repositioning cruise from Vancouver to San Diego was the first cruise after the Oosterdam was in drydock during the last week of September. We flew into Seattle the day before and took the Amtrak Cascades train to Vancouver, rode the public transportation Skytrain from the train station to the pier, all of which worked great and I would highly recommend. We even walked a couple of blocks down from the pier to see the Olympic torch before embarking. Once on board, we discovered that we were upgraded from an inside cabin to a window cabin, much to our happy surprise.

The ship looked great. It is obviously not new, but I thought it was in good shape and very clean. Most of the carpeting in the ship's public areas had just been replaced. I liked the decor and artwork. The crew was very friendly and helpful, and the food was excellent! I especially enjoyed the English tea and the cupcake tea during the afternoons.

The ship was operating at full capacity - well over 1,900 passengers - but it never really felt crowded. Food lines weren't long even when the crew was serving in the Lido (instead of self-serve)and there was always a place to go on the ship for a quiet, scenic place to relax. We chose the flexible dinner time, and the longest we had to wait to be seated was 10 minutes. Usually, they seated us right away.

Find an Oosterdam Cruise from $749