3. Adventure of the Seas
I travelled on the Adventure of the Seas departing from Valencia. Booking experience: The booking experience was very good, I was particularly impressed with cruise.co.uk who I have never used before, but will certainly use again. Stuart my cruise consultant gave me the best price immediately when I called (other companies would quote high and you would have to negotiate prices/ discounts which I don't like) The fact cruise.co.uk offer the best price immediately was refreshing so I decided to book. My cruise from Valencia was a new thing Royal Caribbean were trying called 'inter porting'. This meant that the week cruise had two 'pick up' ports and ours was the second. Because of this, we were unable to prebook anything with the cruise line company before traveling (excursions, spa, drinks packages) which was a little annoying. I raised this with RC direct and they are 'working on it'. The Ship The ship is 10 years old, and apart from the slightly dated style in some areas, was immaculate. I found all public areas to be impressive and enjoyed the general ambiance. The promenade was impressive too! Dining/ Bars The dining and bars were generally good. I was most impressed with the main dining room (and feel this was better than the Portofino Restaurant (extra charge)). Our waiter Lynel and assistant waiter Georgie were outstanding. Their service was probably the best service we have ever experienced and made our dining experience extra special. Food was also consistently delicious. The champagne bar was nice (I recommend the flirtini!) Entertainment The entertainment was a little bit of a let down. Although the ice show and the murder mystery dinner were great, the ship didn't seem to have any big/ good shows. The guest act 'The Gauchos' were THE worst thing I have ever seen. If i had access to some rotten tomatoes, they WOULD have been thrown haha! The cabin I felt the cabin (although dated in decor) was immaculately clean and well maintained. Our cabin was number 1388 and was a 'restricted view'. The balcony was HUGE and had a metal girder in the middle. This is why it was classed as restricted view- but meant we had much more space and had two sun loungers, two chairs and a table. Really impressed with the space. Overall I would travel RCI again. I think next time I would try their newer ships or their Celebrity brand.

Generally Good

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Steven Cairns

I travelled on the Adventure of the Seas departing from Valencia.

Booking experience:

The Ship

Dining/ Bars
The champagne bar was nice (I recommend the flirtini!)

The cabin

Steven Cairns’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Great cabin, lots of space, classed as restricted but you get a massive balcony and the room is the same size and a junior suite.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans