Island Escape Cruise Review by pig52
- Sail Date: September 2011
- Destination: Western Mediterranean
1. if you are or think you are "posh", then this isn't for you
2. the ship is slightly smaller than others, but it manages to get right into the ports unlike others
3. yes, cabins could do with being updated, but they are so clean (cleaned twice daily)
4. the entertainment took a while to get into, but after that we thoroughly enjoyed it and had a real laugh
5. prices on the ship were very reasonable - not overpriced at all.
6. food - couldn't fault it. plenty of choice and plenty of it. excellent job.
7. all staff were extremely helpful and also smiling!
as we knew what to expect, we weren't disappointed. some people complain about lots of things that are uncalled for, however, i would say that if you want an informal cruise that is down to earth, then this is for you!
The only thing we were disappointed with, were the excursions. Not worth the money, and could have been designed better.
- Read more Thomson Cruises Island Escape Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Cruises Island Escape Review
Pros - extra large cabin compared to other outsides
Cons - noise when docking was horrendous.