3. Norwegian Star
Most everything about our cruise went well starting with booking the cruise over the phone with NCL staff. The staff was very helpful and not at all pushy. They even provided some assistance concerning our making flight reservations. All of this is important to me as I do not travel very often. We arranged for the NCL transport from airport to Seattle but didn't locate anyone from NCL to direct us where to go. We walked around searching and this probably cost us about a half an hour ( Not the end of the world but we had just flown over 7 hours ) Embarkation was OK. Lots of people to take care of. We were very lucky to have been offered an upgrade to a room with a balcony which we happily accepted. I think a balcony on this particular cruise is the way to go. So much scenery to take in. The weather was hot in Seattle. We found the cabin to be very clean and ample for the two of us. There were many choices for food. The Market Cafe was a little too noisy and busy for us. We planned on eating at one of the " cover charge" restaurants but thought the Versailles was fine at no added cost. They definitely had the best food, service and ambiance of any of the "free" restaurants. The entire staff was upbeat and helpful. Everyone has their own expectations and ideas of what is nice and what is not. I think the ship has a variety of things to offer all types of people. It is impossible to completely satisfy 2,400 different people for a week. We found what we liked and returned to those areas. We will go again. Thank you NCL for a wonderful, memorable 25th anniversary.

NCL STAR / Alaska Sept 10 to Sept 17, 2011

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by fishinginshorts

• Sail Date: September 2011
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
Embarkation was OK. Lots of people to take care of.
The entire staff was upbeat and helpful.
Everyone has their own expectations and ideas of what is nice and what is not.
I think the ship has a variety of things to offer all types of people.
It is impossible to completely satisfy 2,400 different people for a week.
We found what we liked and returned to those areas.
We will go again.
Thank you NCL for a wonderful, memorable 25th anniversary.
fishinginshorts’s Full Rating Summary