3. Ocean Princess
We picked this ship because it had the ports of call that we were looking for -- we wanted to either start or end in Greece and Princess was one of the few that did this. We had never sailed with Princess before and had heard some good things about them and were looking forward to the cruise. Don't get me wrong -- how could a Greek Isles cruise be disappointing? It wasn't, but the ship was. Embarcation was excellent -- the staff was friendly and everything went smoothly. Our cabin was a nice size. Dinner was nice -- nothing spectacular, but not bad. The food and service were good. What disappointed me about this ship? The cost was premium, the ship was small...we knew that, but I hoped there would be quality. The entertainment was flat-out horrid. No bands so to speak. Two duos with canned background music and they sang off-key!!!! There was very little entertainment in the evening. But...what ticked me off the most was that on one of excursions...we got left after being 5 minutes late. The excursion manager could have made us happy by offering to reimburse us our out-of-pocket expense to get back to the port...or maybe buying us a drink. We were told if we had any more problems, we could go to the excursion office. IT WAS ONLY OPEN BETWEEN 5 - 7! That was our dinner time!! When I filled out an email when we got back, a Princess rep called, but she also didn't offer to try and make me happy. (We were about about 20 Euros...I know it wasn't much money, but it was the principal -- we spent a fortune on excursions1) The first day was at sea...on RC and Celebrity, they do a great job of selling liquor around the pool -- I would say that the ocean princess needs to go on a RC cruise and learn a few things. Second day was at Itea (for Delphi) not listed as a port. We went on the excursion to Delphi and the Museum...was absolutely wonderful! The guide was fantastic, Delphi was amazing. Third day was cephalonia (Argostoli) went to underground caves and lake. Was a fun thing to do especially since it was raining that day!

Ocean Princess not quite a Queen

Ocean Princess Cruise Review by Californiacruiser57

There was very little entertainment in the evening.

Californiacruiser57’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin BE
710

would've liked to have been a little more in the middle of the ship...but quite.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Crete (Heraklion)
    Knossos was so crowded...we didn't get to see the throne room, that was disappointing. But, what we did see was amazing.
    We were taken to a traditional Greek village and had a fantastic lunch with dancers. A lot of fun.
    View All 223 Crete (Heraklion) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Crete (Heraklion) Cruise Port Review
  • Kusadasi
    We went on the Ephesus & The Terrace Houses tour. Our guide was extremely knowledgable...great tour despite the rain! the only thing that was odd was that were taken to a rug dealer where we supposed to see weaving...we didn't see weaving just lots of expensive rugs they wanted us to buy.
    our guide suggested a great place for lunch...
    fun port, good shopping
    View All 616 Kusadasi Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Kusadasi Cruise Port Review
  • Santorini
    Would give this a lot higher rating except for our disastor of an excursion. This was the Oia, Fira & Winery tour -- we were supposed to see vineyards, etc.

The winery tour as a joke...I didn't see a winery. We stood in long lines with about 5 tour buses full of people, were handed glasses of wine and then corraled into their gift shop. They should've paid us to go on the tour.

We then went to Oia -- on the other end of the island from where we catch the ship. Beautiful place. Just what you see in postcards. We debated on making one purchase and stopped to buy it. We were FIVE MINUTES late getting back to the bus and the bus was gone!

We were on the other end of the island. My bag with my cruise card was on the bus as well as purchases we had made. Luckily, I had pulled out my driver license and credit card.

We took a public bus to the other end of the island and spent a stressful time figuring out how to get back on ship, paid for the aerial car (that was supposed to be included!).

The guide's name was Helen.

No one apologized...

We were told by crew members that they had never heard of that happening.

We've cruise on RC and Celebrity and never ever saw anyone left!

View All 862 Santorini Cruise Port Reviews