3. Norwegian Epic
We flew in to Barcelona the day before the cruise and stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer, a very nice boutique hotel in the heart of Barcelona.

The next day we embarked on the Epic, Wow is all I can say. It was huge when we were driving over the bridge to get to the port and it got even bigger. We were able to stand in the suite line and were ushered right on to the ship after handing over our credit card for onboard expenses. We went right up to the concierge lounge and waited for others to join before going on a tour of the Haven complex. It was fabulous, there was the gym with 2 spa rooms as well as a sauna and steam room. Then there is the pool with 2 hot tubs on either side. We were staying on the 2nd level of the suite complex, floor 17. The only thing I wish was that they had a separate elevator just for the suite guests as waiting for and trying to go up and down on the elevator was a nightmare. We always had to stop on every single floor before making it all the way up to the 17th.

Cabin:

Our room was great, we originally booked an aft penthouse suite but the price had dropped on the 2 bedroom in the Haven complex and I called our TA who was able to upgrade us. I loved being in the complex we were so close to everything and our room was huge and fantastic! Our butler was good as was our room steward, we didn't use the concierge as I had already booked everything online that we wanted to do.

Food/Entertainment:

We ate at Cagneys our first night and that was very nice, it was pretty empty when we got there and the food was worth the extra price. We also did the Ice Bar and that was a lot of fun, I felt it was also worth it.

Blue Man Group was awesome! We really enjoyed that, I heard some people throughout the cruise didn't and I'm not sure if they just didn't get it or what but we did! We also did Cirque Dreams and had low expectations about the food going in but everything was fine except for the dessert...EW, they really need to work on their desserts all over the ship.

We ate at both main dining rooms and thought they were fine nothing special but nothing bad either. We did the buffet which we enjoyed the evening buffet of snacks the best! We mainly ate at the Epic Club for everything else and it was good as well, the servers were great and food was good no complaints.

Ports:

We did an NCL excursion for Florence where they took us on a walking tour and then we had a few hours on our own. It was good and the guide knew her stuff.

For Rome we did a private tour just the two of us as we wanted to make sure we got everything in, it was fantastic and we had a great day.

For Naples we did a shared tour with others we had met and went to Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano. Again another great day.

For Palma, it was raining and we were originally going to have it as our beach day but we just hung around the ship which was a nice relaxing day.

We debarked and will definitely go on another cruise. We loved the NCL way of doing things in that we didn't have planned dinner times and never felt rushed. We stayed at the W Barcelona on our last night and again Wow, place was awesome its right on the beach and it was the last night of La Merce their big annual festival so there were carnivals, fireworks and every one was celebrating. Fantastic vacation and I hope we get to do it again soon!

A Great Cruise

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by ansmom

Cabin:

Food/Entertainment:

Ports:

ansmom’s Full Rating Summary

Courtyard Villa with Balcony
Cabin H4 17015
In the main bedroom there was a lot of noise from the ceiling for some reason. It wasn't in any other part of the cabin and we didn't bring it up to anyone as it wasn't a huge deal but just be aware.
Deck 17 Suite Cabins