3. Costa Victoria
On our way to Venice, KLM managed to lose our baggage in Amsterdam and it didn't catch us up until 4 days into our one week cruise. Despite this we had a wonderful time thanks mainly to the efforts of the ship's crew who are among the nicest,most caring people I have met. Having read some of the more unflattering reviews on this site, I wonder if those who wrote them were on the same ship. The decor certainly was not "tired" but highly imaginative and well maintained. The food was superb both in the buffets and the restaurants. Far from "never changing" I had no fewer than 17 different types of fish and shellfish in the first four days and I still have lingering memories of the tournedo Rossini I had one night. As a Scot and a committed European,one of the best features of the cruise for me was the absence of hordes of the sort of English people who so often mar our country's reputation when abroad. Seeing large Italian families with impeccably behaved chilldren at dinner was an educational experience and we saw none of the queue barging and rudeness that others have commented on. But returning to the crew, Costa must have a first class recruitment procedure.Our waiters were friendly without being in any way intrusive. Our cabin was immaculately maintained. The customer service people did everything they could to mitigate the loss of our luggage ranging from offering to lend clothes, giving us free use of the express (and excellent) laundry service, arranging for us to be invited to a number of events usually restricted to those in higher tariff cabins etc,etc. Our English speaking representative (who was Welsh) was also highly competent and approachable. In short, I would certainly cruise with Costa again.

Great week despite the horrors of KLM

Costa Victoria Cruise Review by David Stephen

In short, I would certainly cruise with Costa again.
David Stephen’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Costa Victoria price drops

Because we booked late, our cabin was not what we would ideally have wanted but was perfectly adequate. Space was a litttle restricted but not overly so. Despite having four teenage boys next door, we were never disturbed by any noise.
  Costa Victoria Deck Plans