3. MSC Poesia
Boarded the MSC Poesia at Southhampton for a 14 day cruise to New York. The ship itself I could not fault. For cleanliness and design it would take some beating but this is were it ends.

The food was awful, with the same menu's on offer day after day. The entertainment on board was abysmal and very weak. On a four day sail from the Azores to Bermuda we were reduced to being entertained during the day by a crew member throwing plastic hoops at wooden pegs with a balloon on his head. I wouldn't even try and entertain toddlers with that.

The reception staff seemed to think passengers were subordinate to them. The disembarkation process was complete chaos and two elderly ladies, one in a wheelchair, were flatly refused much needed assistance by the crew and had to be assisted by other passengers.

A long hard look at the level of customer service this company offers needs to be urgently reviewed and improved. I'm afraid I wont be cruising with MSC again.

Great ship. Pity about the service

MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Jim Yates

• Sail Date: September 2011
  • Destination: USA

Jim Yates’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

The cabin was clean and quite spacious
  MSC Poesia Deck Plans