3. Norwegian Dawn
NCL Dawn 9/16 - 9/23/11 Embarkation: Arrived at Black Falcon at 12:00 noon, kudos to NCL for a very smooth process. We were aboard and dining at the Venetian for lunch by 12:45pm. Room: Aft balcony room 10230 We booked this room because of the aft balcony. This balcony was 8' x 12' and made for an enjoyable week. The room was pretty small (same room size as regular balcony) and the big table they had in front of the sliding door we immediately moved out to the deck. It made it much easier to get in and out. The bathroom was odd to us. Yes the shower and toilet were private, each with their own sliding door, but to get into the toilet area was much too narrow. The closet space was adequate, and I felt a few more drawers would have been nice. Our room steward was awesome. Even though we didn't see him much, whenever I needed anything he was always there with a smile. Ship: The ship was pretty and very clean. The dining rooms were pretty and I loved all the windows in the Venetian. It was a bit odd getting to different areas, as some of the elevators made it impossible to get to certain locations, so you had to walk up one flight, go to a different part of the ship, then walk down a flight again. The pool was much too small for the amount of people. Lots of chairs, but pool was very crowded. The lounge, atrium, theatre and private dining areas were very nice as well. Food: Buffet: Great for breakfast, but lunch and dinner was very bland and not much of a variety. Venetian: We ate lunch and most dinners there, but the menu was very boring. After the 2nd day there wasn't much to choose from that you didn't already have. I think this is how NCL tries their best to have you try the other restaurants. We did go to Le Bistro which was excellent and Cagney's which was good too, but I still would have been more satisfied if the main dining room had more choices. Don't get me wrong, there was plenty of food in the Buffet area, but for the NCL food category, I'd rate it a 6 out of 10. Entertainment: Good! We enjoyed 2nd city and the different entertainers that were in the lounges. We did miss a few shows so I can't comment on anything else. Bermuda: Love it! Horseshoe bay is our favorite! Weather was perfect and the waves were just right! Word to the wise: One of our friends rented a scooter and during broad daylight, he and is girlfriend were driving through Hamilton, they had slowed down with the traffic, and someone rode up behind them in a scooter and cut through their pack with a knife and stole everything in their bag (All their cash, camera, cell phones, license's) He then proceeded to take off and even though another person tried to catch up to him, he got away. Be careful, keep your valuables in front of you. Sadly, this is happening more frequently these days in Bermuda I'm told. Dis embarkation: We got our luggage tags for 9:40am. This was more than perfect. We were off the ship before 9:30 and in our taxi by 10:am. (they misplaced our luggage or we would have been in the taxi sooner) I was very impressed with their smooth process here too. We had a wonderful time, NCL Dawn was a nice ship with a very nice staff. I would sail her again, but wish more cruise lines would go to Bermuda out of Boston. Happy Sailing!

NCL Dawn to Bermuda

Rates
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Aft-Facing Balcony
Cabin B1 10230
Room too small for a balcony room. Needed more draw space. Quiet location. Love the aft balconies.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins