3. Explorer of the Seas

First and perhaps, last cruise

Everyone raved about the food

1st meal in dining room, broken glass on plate. Another meal the beef was so tough it was difficult to cut let alone eat. They brought me the pork tenderloin, but forgot to leave the tender part in the meat. The head waiter graciously offer to cut up. When attempting to do so, his mouth opened so far that his chin was on his chest. then they brought me beef bourguignon, it was in nice sized pieces, but still tough. Another meal was stir fried shrimp, let's just say the shrimp were past their prime, by a whole lot. The BAKERY was EXCELLENT. Good variety of everything that came out of the bakery.

Breakfast was hit or miss. I have never seen an omelet that looked like a tortilla before. Tough eggs, no need for that. On the other hand,my table mate had a wonderful French toast. The toast was raisin bread, cut in 1 1/2 inch slices. Beautiful to look at.

Transportation to and from the cruise terminal & airport. Take a taxi if there are 2 of you. It takes a long time to load the bus and fill the bus. If, the bus isn't full, it doesn't move.

Weather was nasty, fog, rough seas, rain. I know, we can't control the weather, but overall, I would not recommend traveling northward in September and later. Unable to use the outdoor facilities due to cold, wet decks, etc.

I was Seasick the whole trip, picked up an infection, halfway into the trip, and brought home a nasty cold. Medical office, excellent, efficient and very clean.

The GOOD, excellent guest services staff.

On the positive side, the ship exhibited an interesting art collection. On the walls of the bow stairwells, was a collection of celebrity artworks. Paintings, celebrity photographs, sculptures etc.

6,000 artworks onboard this ship.

Beverage policy bizarre, re soda etc.Tipping policy also.

I noted that many cruisers were using walkers, wheelchairs and scooters, which were parked in the hallway of the cabin area.

I did not see any cleaning of the elevator area buttons and rails. They were gooey from dirty hands. The public bathrooms were very clean.

Is this typical of this ship? Or all cruise ships ? I don't know, but it has put me off cruising.

Could have been better, much better

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by macon

First and perhaps, last cruise

Everyone raved about the food

The GOOD, excellent guest services staff.

6,000 artworks onboard this ship.

Beverage policy bizarre, re soda etc.Tipping policy also.

macon’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Promenade Stateroom
Cabin PR 8303

Interior cabin, promenade view. 8 deck.
It was OK, I would choose this again.

Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins