3. Carnival Sensation
Pro: The people were terrific, maintaining a previously set standard. The food was also terrific, again like usual. I felt the cruise director, Jamie, was the best I have seen and the photographers (which previously held no value for me) were the best I have seen. The 80s showcase and the comedy shows were extremely entertaining. The putt putt area was pretty good and the new waterslide was a lot of fun. We had a limited time window and a limited budget, this cruise felt like the best value we've ever had cruising. The spa services also seemed more affordable compared to previous cruises. Con: I guess this is the smallest ship I have ever been on. The one pool really seemed pretty inadequate. I felt the beverage waiters were a little pushier than usual. The gym/spa felt kind of dinky; there wasn't an indoor hot tub or equivalent amenities. There was an incident with a pipe bursting in the dining room, which was quickly addressed at least. The casino seemed ridiculously smokey.

Yet another entertaining cruise

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by Chicity Floater

• Sail Date: September 2011
  • Destination: Bahamas

Chicity Floater’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Sensation price drops

• Freeport
    The area around the port is very disappointing. A very long time ago I went to Freeport when the International Bazaar was THE destination for shopping in the Caribbean. Weather and the economy has devastated the city, it's very depressing. I didn't take a taxi out to the International Bazaar because I wanted to keep my memory intact. We used the inadequacy of the port as an excuse to have a nice spa day.
    View All 1,342 Freeport Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Freeport Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    Nassau is probably my favorite port of call. There is just so much to do there. This particular visit we took a segway tour (not through Carnival): http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147416-d1885210-Reviews-Bahamas_Segway_Beach_Experience-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html
    Bahamas Segway Beach Experience I had never ridden a segway and it was a lot of fun. The people with the excursion were amazing. The spot along the beach where you take break is picturesque. The one thing I would caution is that this is not a great way to see the city. You travel to the Southwestern side of the island, which is gorgeous but largely uninhabited. I strongly recommend this excursion but try to schedule it morning or late afternoon so you can see the heart of the city with the remainder of the day.
    Byron's Bar/the Sky Juice Bar place Unfortunately, I don't know the actual name of this little tiki hut. It's located right on Western Esplande Beach (the one in walkable distance from the ships) just west of Hilton British Colonial. The owner/bartender's name is Byron. He is one of those rare individuals that cares for people so deeply you can't help but to care for him. The whole time we were there it felt like we were filming Cheers Bahamas; it's more of a local bar than a tourist destination, though he does rent snorkeling gear. Every time he made a blended drink he would give samples to anyone hanging around (customer or no). I recommend the Sky Juice, a Bahamian coconut drink you won't find many places; they'll carve a coconut to make a cup out of it for you. All the blended drinks were very good. Please support this bar, I really want it to still be there when I come back. Personal memory: while we were there there was a sudden big storm. Byron corralled everyone behind the bar while lowering the storm flaps. Despite being wet and cold he continued to make sure everyone was as comfortable as possible, including the random passing tourists that got caught in the storm.
    View All 5,872 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews