3. Norwegian Star
Just returned last Saturday from an Alaskan cruise on the Star. Our party consisted of my husband, mother and father in law and husband's aunt in one cabin and my grandparents in an oceanview. I was a little apprehensive and didn't know what to expect as the Star gets some pretty inconsistent reviews. Let me tell you, don't listen to any of the bad ones! We had an amazing time and have absolutely nothing bad to say about NCL after spending a week with them. Let me address some of the previous concerns I have read. Not once, did we feel pressured to buy anything nor did we ever feel nickel and dimed. My husband and I got off the ship with an onboard account balance of $61 and still had a fabulous time. The ship is 10 years old, but does not show it. The cabins are nice and the common areas are as beautiful as I would imagine they were when the ship was first built. Crew: The crew was amazing. Everywhere we turned there was a smiling face and someone asking us how our day was. Our cabin steward was quiet and efficient and friendly. Every night on the pool deck from 5-9 there was a member of the kitchen staff making crepes and he was SOOOO friendly. He was our highlight. Food: I have read a lot of reviews about how the food was mediocre. We did not think so at all! We ate only in the main dining rooms for dinner and were very impressed. The food was always cooked perfectly and had great flavor. Shows: The entertainment was very good. Elements was great at the end of the cruise, but Angels on the third night was the best live show I have ever seen. Ports: The ports were underwhelming, but that has nothing to do with the cruise line. Prince Rupert was beautiful as was Juneau, but Skagway was small and dirty. All in all we had a fabulous time! Everything was great and I will definitely recommend and cruise with NCL again. Hopefully in the near future!!

NCL is Amazing