• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Eurodam Review

Editor Rating
9 Awards

A voyage of good and bad surprises.

Review for Eurodam to Transatlantic
alhamn
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2011
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

First: I´m Swedish, excuse me for bad english. Second: I´m a rather experienced traveller in many parts of the world. But this was only my second cruise of this kind of ship. The first was 7 days in Mediterranean on RCCL "Splendour of the Seas" (SoS. And below I compare a bit to that cruise. The Itinerary was the only reason we choosed this cruise. (We had first the idea of going the 7-days with Cunard.) The Itinerary fulfilled our expectations. (And a bit more thanks to good weather through south of Greenland.)The only port with tenders was Greenland. And there it was surprisingly slow. I could write pages about the ports. But I only say they were well choosen.

We took excursions in every port. And they varied from fantastic to boring. Sorry to say the latter outnumbered the former. Sometimes I suspect HAL had found their guides on the street.

HAL provided us with many high quality lectures in the main stage before many of our ports. They were often so popular that the latecomers had to sit in the stairs.

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Cabin VE

5108: In all aspects very, very good.

7006: Noisy AC, but very good ventilation. Fantastic beds. Nowhere to sit.

Port Reviews

Amsterdam

We did not like the half-naked women in the windows. And all the young tourists high on hash etc. But we liked the Van Gogh Museum.

Brugge (Bruges)

Avoid the canal-cruising.

Dublin

Dublin is always Dublin. Skip the excursions, and take the shuttle.

Reykjavik

Iceland is fine, but too many cars in Reykjavik.

St. John's (Newfoundland)