3. Grand Princess
sailed from Southampton to Guernsey and Laharve France. Cost was £948 for Three days. This was our first and and did not know really what to expect apart from high standards of service and exquisite cuisine as we had been told by other cruisers.

Well what a shock we had instore! Very disappointed in the cruise as a whole!

very little entertainment provided throughout the day, We were very bored especially when we could not get off the ship to go to Guernsey due to bad weather! I feel the activities team should have been more pro-active and provided some entertaiment knowing this.The Entertainment that was already scheduled was for the older generations and we are not gamblers! Therefore there was nothing for us to do but watch TV!!!!!Very poor indeed!!!

Could not book into any restaurants as serial cruises had already booked all the places months in advance!!!

Food in buffet was bog standard with very cheap cuts of meat and lacking in vegetables, all meals were just warm or cold!and not enough seats for everyone, we had to sit on deck near the pool to eat!!!!!!!

Room was nice though, lovely and clean with fresh towels Twice daily! Beds were hard though and gave me terrible backache and the pillows stank of stale sweaty heads!!!! I used a bath towel rolled up for a pillow.

Drinks on board were very expensive and gratuity of 15% is added onto every receipt!!! along with $22 per person per day gratuity!!!! This is disgusting!!!

I AM A NURSE MANAGER AND NO ONE TIPS ME FOR MY service!!!!!

Our first and last cruise I might add!!! never again OUr Bill was $400 for 2.5 days we boarded on Saturday at 3pm and was kicked out of our room at 8am on Tuesday we only spent $15 dollars in a shop!! the rest was about $200+ Gratuities and the cost of alcholic beverages for Two people!!!!! We were not even spoken to on departure after being robbed for Three days!!!!! they could have at least acknowledged us, they were too busy welcoming the next bunch of unsuspecting victims!!!!!!!

If Ihis is cruising you can stick it!!!!!!!

Disappointed!!!!

Grand Princess Cruise Review by wilkinson

• Sail Date: September 2011
  • Destination: Nowhere
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Well what a shock we had instore! Very disappointed in the cruise as a whole!

I AM A NURSE MANAGER AND NO ONE TIPS ME FOR MY service!!!!!

If Ihis is cruising you can stick it!!!!!!!

wilkinson’s Full Rating Summary