• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Deetowncruisin
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2011
Cabin: Ocean View

This cruise on the Carnival Imagination stays in Nassau all day and overnight which was the main reason we chose this cruise. This was my first Carnival cruise and this ship was fine for my first time. I found the ship to be nice. The cabin stewards were great, nice and helpful. The rooms are larger than Norwegians oceanview rooms. Beds are comfortable. The towels are rough as sandpaper, but oh well I guess you can't have everything. It would be nice if the rooms had fridges like Norwegian though. The main dining room was great, food great and I LOVED the show the waiters put on during dinner. A MUST see!! The food on the Lido deck was nice also. I wasn't a fan of the Pizza though. They had a hairy chest contest on the Lido deck on Sunday and it was hilarious!! Hip Hop dance class and a singles meet and greet were some of the activities. They had a comedian that I heard was NOT good. The Club, Illusions was nice, but SMOKE FILLED. They played great dance music and it was packed every night. You WILL smeel like smoke hanging out in there. I guess Carnival is changing there smoking policy which will be nice next year. I guess the Imagination is one of the smaller ships, so someone that has cruised many times before might find it small and would complain, but it was fine to me. The pool was small as I have seen in many reviews, but that didn't matter to me. The pools did stay packed as well as the saunas.

Ocean View

Cabin 6E

I was in cabin E69 on deck 7, the emppress deck. This room is in the middle of ths ship. Great location. Elevators and stairs are not too far away. This room is the last room in the middle right before the atrium, behind guest services and next to the computers. You do get some of the noise from people walking by who are loud. Some people can just be rude like that, but it wasn't so bad that we had to complain. People just having a good time. The room itself was nice. Comfortable bed. No major complaints other than the rough towels. They provide extra body soap, lotion and razors in a little dish on the bathroom sink counter. No fridges in the room.

Port Reviews

Nassau

We docked in Nassau around 10am on Saturday 9/10 and stayed there all day and night. Left about 8am on Sunday 9/11. Nassau has lots of shopping, bars and restaurants. Lots of stuff to see and do in walking distance of the port. Lots of things to do like booze cruises, rent scooters, hire shuttles and taxis to take you around. GREAT night life. We TOTALLY felt safe walking around at night with all of the police walking around. I TOTALLY recommend taking this cruise if you like Nassau or have never been. It gives you a chance to see a lot and not have to worry about getting back to the ship before it leaves. Normally the cruises will dock from 9-5. We saw a Royal Carribean ship that did leave at midnight, but our ship was the only one docked overnight and it was NICE!!! This cruise spoiled me because of this, so from now on I will want a cruise that does this. There aren't many cruises that will dock overnight like this at least in places like Cayman Islands, Virgin Islands and Jamaica. It would be nice to go to those places and be able to stay like that. That would be a suggestion I have to the cruise lines to offer more of those types of cruises.

Find a Carnival Imagination Cruise