3. Norwegian Star
Getting on and off: The best and easiest we've experienced. Our 5th NCL cruise. 3rd time on Star. 5th time to Alaska. Cabin: Small but cozy and we spend alot of time there. We love our romantic balcony privacy. Meals: 6 out of 7 were specialty restaurants. Cruising for us is one long date. Yes, we are married, but we love out "out on the town" time. Le Bistro: Fabulous as always. La Cucina: New for NCL to have a specialty stand along Italian restaurant. We loved it. The food was wonderful. Cagney's: Steakhouse. Used to be our fave. Not this time. Not last time. Food is good, not great and too few choices. Ginza: Wow! We were both blown away. Food and service was amazing. Easily the best. Tempanyaki: We did it last time. No reason to go back. Entertainment is basic and the food is just okay. Main dining room: Versailles: Only one night, but really good. Small portions but quality was there. Entertainment: We didn't do shows. We did Mark Pellegrene in the Champagne Bar. Wow. What fun. I would go on the cruise again just to have that much fun. I'm not kidding. He is great. Singing old favorites with him sitting at the piano. I looked forward to every night just for that. Bars: We did the Star Bar, our old fave. Nice and quiet, with a good view. Great bartender. We also did the Champagne Bar because of Mark. The bartenders were very good there too. Alternative entertainment: They had the show band in the atrium. Those guys were fun and did well with easy jazz and dixieland. Stops: Usual Skagway, Juneau and Ketchican. We've been there before and did whale watching out of Skagway. Great views and the most dramatic whale watching that we've had. This cruise included Prince Rupert. Waste of time. Nothing there and we quickly were back on the ship. Service: I've read bad reviews of NCL. We can't figure it out. There are always great. We even see folks working there for years that we've seen before. And they always are nice, helpful and make the cruise even better. Almost forgot: Wine: Nice wine list and reasonable prices. The same wine list is available in all restaurants. We've been on Holland, RCCL and Princess and that wasn't the case. I tried more wines this trip than ever. They were also discounting all wines 20% this trip. Love it!!

NCL Better than Ever

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by richard iii

• Sail Date: September 2011
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony
Getting on and off: The best and easiest we've experienced.

Our 5th NCL cruise. 3rd time on Star. 5th time to Alaska.

richard iii’s Full Rating Summary