Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review
1,835 Reviews

First time joy aboard the Grandeur

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Scottish Traveller

• Sail Date: Sep 2011
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Large Interior Stateroom

I had concerns about travelling with a full time wheelchair user but the staff could not have done more, airport transfers, room access, facilities and trips were all superb.

My partner and I stayed in room 7565 a large interior stateroom, not sure about the use of the word 'large'but we were only in the room to sleep so not an issue. My mum was allocated 7606 which was an accessible balcony stateroom and was massive. We ate in the Great Gatsby every evening and our waiters Luciano and Rufo were first class, nothing was too much trouble and they would happily substitute anything on the menu for you. The windjammer had a massive selction of foods too but was a little busy for my liking.

We went on organised trips in Florence (easy florence) which was not that successful, a 2.5 motorway bus trip for just an hour in Florence which was very cobbly and tough for a wheelchair. Rome (Panoramic Rome) was a more successful trip and many of the sights were seen from the bus, with an hour at the Basilica which was lovely. Cannes we did ourselves and the main town is quite easy to get around with a wheelchair.

We did enjoy the evening entertainment most nights, some of it was a little cheesy but how adventurous can you be at sea?? There was a group called Soul Sensation who were amazing if you like the hits of motown.

If you go looking for faults in the ship you will find them, and there are a few signs of wear and tear but nothing that would interfere with your holiday. My partner and I purchased the soda package and it was well worth the money, with a souvenir cup to bring home.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the ship and wish everyone who sails with her Bon Voyage..

Scottish Traveller's Full Rating Summary

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 7565

7565 great location, very quiet, not a lot of floor space

7606 great location, massive room, all the glazing caused the room to be warm though despite air con

Scottish Traveller