Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by 1TheOne1

• Sail Date: Aug 2011
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Large Interior Stateroom

We embarked the Grandeur in Palma de Mallorca which was without bigger problems, the staff in port was very helpful and it all went really fast.

We booked inside large cabin, which we also had, however since it was oriented "alongside the lobby" it felt quite small. Comparing to the same category cabin on the same class of ship two months ago (Vision), this felt like 1/2. On the other side, 7th floor is great, no noise, close to pool deck (2 floor up), theatre(2 floors down).

The room attandant was not so great, she would reorganise my papers and books on table for no reason while leaving the sink dirty. Only time she spoke to us was the first day when she told us to not use every day a new towel. Maybe she was upset because we did not have prepaid gratuties (we choose to do them in cash) but that is no excuse.

I must say that we just loved the food. It was way best from all our previous experiences and we gained quite some kilos :o) The staff in dining room was ok but a little arogant, waiters in Windjammer were excellent, I can not say one bad thing about them. Special thanks to Ashley.

The entertainment was not bad overall. We enjoyed all the Scrapbooking, Jewelery making and dancing classes, what I really appreciate is that there was always some "free" option a even when we purchased something this was not a condition of participatiing (unlike Vision of the Seas experience).

To be honest, we did not like the evening shows at all. We were not able to sit and watch any of them (and we really tried). The Cruise Director was visible only few nights in the evening and we hardly seen him around the ship.

Ports of call were great, we did not use any of Shore Excursions since these were way to expensive for what they offered. Also, it is ridiculos that people pay 10 USD for shutlle parking next to public bus which was 1.5 Eur.

During the days at sea there was not much programme and also what we did not like was that the "no reserving of seats because the towel will be removed" did not work at all. I was lying next to 5 seats reserved with noone using them for 5 hours!. When I pointed this out to pool staff, they said that they can not remove the towel since not returning of the towel costs 25 USD. Oh well, so my friend had to sit next to the pool for this..

Overall the cruise was ok, since we spent 90% of the time in ports, the food was good and rooms clean (so-so), I have nothing to complain about. I would go again but I would choose a different room.

1TheOne1's Full Rating Summary

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 7619

Quiet, nice, however bad orientation which makes the room smaller.

1TheOne1