This was the first cruise that my wife and I had undertaken. The cabin and dining room service was excellent and we were well looked after. The cabin was kept clean and was comfortable,clean towels every day and beds always turned down. The food was varied and well cooked and presented. The evening activities were very popular and we especially enjoyed the dancing. Hot drinks were available all day and there was a choice where meals could be taken.This is a small ship of a traditional type with passenger capacity of about 800 which suited us well. It is not a floating hotel.

A WARNING. Thinking that a middle cabin would be the least affected by a rough sea we asked for, and were given one in the middle. On the first night we got no sleep because of the sound and vibration of the engine which we discovered we were on top of. AVOID cabins on all levels between 145 and 165 as this is the "noise zone". We requested a cabin change and although it was stated that none were available we got one in the stern (5089) which was excellent and well worth the trouble of moving. I also know that at least 3 other people got cabin changes for the same reason.

Be warned

Cruise Review by F T Taylor

F T Taylor’s Full Rating Summary

Do not have a cabin between numbers 145 and 165 due to noise and vibration from the engine. Check the matress and be prepared to turn it over fo more comfort.