• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

wheels1000
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Aug 2011
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

I have to say first of all that this was our best holiday ever. I love wooden speedboats and using one for all my Venice trips and then to the ship was an expensive but wonderful start. The weather was hot and the sky an uninterupted blue for the whole holiday. Last year we went on the Ocean Princess which was wonderful but now we feel that much can be equaled and the level of entertainment from a ship this size, hard to beat.

Some people have commented on the ship needing refurbishment and I could agree if you looked at the carpet but they were redoing it as we left and maybe our room chair could be recovered but all is well with no rust, timber problems or anything else. When the carpet is done , you'd have to be a very demanding person to be unhappy about this ship. We were on deck 9 to be inbetween the main activities but on reflection, maybe decks five to seven might even be better.Most things are on 4-5. We worried about the number of people and how it might cause delays and line ups but didn't at all, except maybe at busy times the lifts were a little slow and seats around the pool. The ship, in very smooth seas was of course , rock solid.

A wonderful ship, in what I could call modern art deco with only The Promenade and shops looking srangely a bit out of place. But what a great place to meet people and also have occasional entertainment. We never got to the ice rink and saw a 'new' band on the last night.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin M

Normal limited space (int stateroom), clean , all amenities and well serviced.

Port Reviews

Venice

All places should be like this. ANd no smells when we were there. Pay for the speedboat taxis. Dear but will make your trip.

Dubrovnik

You know you have to go there but it was hot when we did, the restaurants nothing special and well, you have to go but not as spectacular as I might have expected. You'll need the ship shuttle.

Bari

See St Nicholas tomb and old town. Taxis dearish at 20E for 5 min to town. The new (1800's) town is ok Be careful about italian horse on menu !!

previous reviewnext review