3. Norwegian Dawn
We (me, my wife, my brother in law and sister in law) live just outside of Boston so the Dawn to Bermuda was really easy. We got dropped off at the ship at about 11:00. The Longshoreman was great and took all of our bags. We proceeded through security and check in just minutes. We waited a short time to be called to board. We went to Venetian for lunch but everything progressed so quickly they weren't even open yet (they open at noon). We took a quick walk around and went up to the pool and had a beer. Then a delicious lunch in the Venetian. The rooms were ready at two o'clock and we received our luggage just after that so we unpacked before the muster. Restaurants We goofed around too long until everyone was starving and the MDR's had a wait. We went to the buffet for dinner. I wouldn't recommend it, that late at night, for dinner. The selections were sparse and not great. Breakfast at the buffet, however, is wonderful. All kinds of fresh fruit and just about anything you can think of for breakfast. Dinner Saturday night at Cagney's was delicious. Great steaks and a delicious bottle of chianti. Speaking of chianti, we went to an Italian wine tasting for $15 and it was great, very informative, fun, interesting and tasty. The presentation was conducted by DaCosta, the Head Wine Steward. He was great. Sunday night was dinner at Aqua. Delicious, great service. Just great. Monday and Tuesday night we all ate at La Cucina. Again it was delicious. My brother in law was still hungry after he finished his Chicken Parm so he asked for another. It was delivered promptly. We had dinner at the Brazilian Steakhouse the last night. Everything was delicious. Make sure to try the cheesebread! Ten meats, all delicious but it is really overdosing on meat. The ship The crew is outstanding. I can't imagine anyone having any complaints at all. They are all dedicated to your comfort and enjoyment. When you pass in the corridor they always great you. Service is great and always comes with a smile and a kind word. Don't ask me how they remember everyone's name but once they meet you they almost always greet you by name! The air conditioning in our room didn't work. We reported it to the front desk and it was repaired in about an hour. No complaints there. With a physical plant of this size and scope things are bound to malfunction. Prompt attention is the key and is what we experienced. We had sailed before on the Pearl and had a mini suite. For Bermuda we chose a balcony. I would opt for the mini suite next time. Just a little more room and a little more comfortable. BERMUDA Bermuda is a beautiful place but it was oppressively hot. The lines for bus passes were about an hour long and in the blazing sun. Then the busses and ferries all had long lines in the sun. We went to Hamilton on Sunday and it was closed. Yes basically the whole city was closed. We went to the Hogpenny for some refreshing adult beverages and it was very nice. Monday we went to St. Georges. Again, a long hot line at the ferry. Then a long ferry ride and it was so hot you really couldn't walk a round much. Next time I think I'll just hang around the ship or the Dockyard. Shows We attended Band on the Run, the comedian and Bollywood. I thought they were all great. Overall, a strong recommendation to enjoy the Dawn. You won't be sorry!

Enjoy the Dawn!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by 1stcruiser59

• Sail Date: July 2011
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

Restaurants

Sunday night was dinner at Aqua. Delicious, great service. Just great.

The ship

BERMUDA

Shows

Overall, a strong recommendation to enjoy the Dawn. You won't be sorry!
1stcruiser59’s Full Rating Summary