This was our first cruise, I had done a lot of research to find a holiday that would be suitable for our daughter who has allergies, lots of people said a cruise catered well for this.

We were recommended P&O by friends and we were not disappointed.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Southampton the night before which was lovely.

Our car and cases were taken away at aurora's side and we boarded and went for lunch.

The sail away was great with a band playing and a glass of champagne to start our first cruise.

I had already ordered meals for my daughter by email and they arrived with ours at the table. Every evening the head waiter came to our table with the menu for the following day, She could choose what she wanted and they were able to adapt it to suit. The food was delicious with lots of choices.

The Aurora is such a beautiful ship and the staff are really friendly, we were so well looked after.

Aurora sailed around the western med and we visited Barcelona, Rome, Pisa, Villefranche and Gibraltar.

The children's club had lots going on and our Girls' enjoyed it.

The entertainment was great with guest artists and headliners doing some great shows that would be worthy of the West End.

Everything was great, better than we expected and I think we will be back!!

Pisa was well worth visiting, very pretty, clean and the buildings in Miricle square take your breath away.

First cruise we were blown away by Aurora

Aurora Cruise Review by stansgirl

• Sail Date: August 2011
  • Destination: Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom with Bath/Shower

We were recommended P&O by friends and we were not disappointed.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Southampton the night before which was lovely.

The children's club had lots going on and our Girls' enjoyed it.

Everything was great, better than we expected and I think we will be back!!

stansgirl’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 10 to 12

Large Outside Stateroom with Bath/Shower
Cabin KA c205
Great Cabin, curtain to separate sleeping areas, not much room when sofa set up as a bed
  Aurora Deck Plans