• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

FWBcruiser
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Aug 2011
Cabin: Interior

If you don't care about shelling out money left and right, than this is the cruise for you! My 3 girlfriends and I (all 30 yrs old) took a "Girls Trip" aboard the Carnival Elation this past weekend. All but one of us were "cruise virgins". I can honestly say that I was ready to go home by the second day.

Drinks: The price of the cruise is great if you don't drink alcohol. For those of you who do (including myself), were just plain screwed! A beer is $6.61, red bull vodka $12.50, Drinks of the Day $8.75...you see what I'm getting at. Sure, we only spent $450.00 on the cruise and travel insurance, but then you pay an arm and a leg for EVERYTHING! At the end of my trip I received my bill, $388.00!! That's $838.00....I could have gone to Mexico on a 4 day trip for that!

Entertainment: The first night we went up to the Drama bar. There was a guy playing acoustic guitar and singing. He was delightful to listen to, but do not request any songs....he refuses. Not very friendly and seemed easily annoyed. So you better just sit there and listen. Jekyll and Hyde bar is fun...the DJ played really good dance music into the wee morning hours. However, on the last night of the cruise it seemed as though he was trying to play the worst songs to clear the place out....so yes, it was a bit boring. Karaoke night....snooze fest! What a lack of enthusiasm! The casino was fun...again, this can be expensive. You're allowed to use your Sail and Sign card to play games, but be careful...if you press the wrong buttons the machines will block you for some reason and you'll only be able to use cash. This happened to me and several others. I asked to speak to the manager to see if she would unblock me, her response: "You are blocked for the remainder of the cruise"...???? I was confused and a little pissed to be treated so harshly...after I spent $120.00 in there!! Great customer service by the way!! (sarcasm)

Interior

Cabin 4I

We had a tiny interior cabin. The room was kind of gross. There was mold in the bathroom and the carpet smelled old. The hall spelled musky/moldy. One good thing is that our steward did a great job of cleaning it for us daily.

Port Reviews

Mobile

The Mobile Port authorities are very strict and they wanted you to know they are not there to make friends....obvious!They herd you like cattle into lines as they yell out instructions. FYI, do not try to sneak vodka in water bottles, they will catch you and take it away! They shake each bottle and can tell if it really is water...just a warning. I watched cases of water (vodka) being confiscated one after another.

Find a Carnival Elation Cruise from $144