• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2011
Cabin: Ocean View
Traveled with children

I'm not sure what cruise some of the other reviewers are talking about. We had a great time on the Elation. The service was great, our cabin steward knew our names after one day. She really catered to out 9 year old son. The waiters in the dining room were really great, the people we sat with at our table were wonderful. We were able to get two entrees if we wanted. No one ever forgot. The bar service the restaurants brought soda from the kids card promptly. Workers and staff said hello to us every time they passed.

Our son kept his camp carnival schedule in his pocket the whole time. He circled all the activities that he wanted to do every night. I've been on four different cruise line companies and all of them charge more to watch kids after 9:00 or 10:00 pm. The camp carnival staff knew our son by name. He came home with the telephone numbers and e-mails of 4 new friends. I was very pleased with the program and I felt like there were different activities that suited all types of interests in children.

A couple of cons: the quality of the buffet food wasn't always what I expected but there was always something somewhere in that dining room that should appeal to all palates. There weren't many places on the ship where you can lounge in the shade which is what I like to do when my son is swimming.

Ocean View

Cabin 6A

Great location but we prefer the back of the ship. Upper deck has no clubs or bars above it so it is very quiet.

previous reviewnext review