3. Norwegian Dawn
My husband and I took our 4 children (8mos, 2yrs, 8yrs, and 8yrs) on this NCL cruise out of Boston. We live in Vermont so we chose a cruise that we could drive to the embarkation port to save money. I was extremely disappointed with the food. The buffets were the same pretty much every day and it was cafeteria type food. Nothing special at all. The two restaraunts that you could go to without paying a cover charge pretty much had the same food that you could find on the buffet. They ran out of lemonade for the kids with 3 days left on the cruise. The adults tried to order lemonade with dinner but we were told that lemonade was just for the kids. The shows were mediocre at best. The 8 year olds did love the kid's club that they offered, so that was pretty much the only high point of the cruise. I know that you typically don't spend a lot of time your cabin during a cruise, but when you have young children, often times you have to. There was very limited TV show choices for children. I would not bring any children that aren't potty trained on an NCL cruise. they were not allowed in any pools, even with swimmy diapers. You can't tell me that the people that sat in the pools all day long didn't urinate in the pools. It was ridiculous. Also, people were reserving deck chairs at 7:30 in the morning, even though you are not allowed to. No staff enforced that rule. Our room attendant didn't bother to get to know us or talk to us. The freestyle concept ended up making you wait for dinner for 30 minutes during peak times. Needless to say, we won't be doing this cruise ever again. Save your money and spend it on another cruise line.

Very disappointed

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by VTMommy

• Sail Date: July 2011
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Family Oceanview Picture Window

The shows were mediocre at best.

Our room attendant didn't bother to get to know us or talk to us.

VTMommy’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Family Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin O1 5516
Shower head leaked. Ample storage.
Deck 6 Outside Cabins