3. Coral Princess
We just returned from 10 great days on the Coral Princess. There were 16 of us and we all had a wonderful time. The ship is beautiful. It is well laid out. We had a mini-suite with balcony. The room was perfect size. Some in our group booked the balcony room. They commented that it was a bit cramped. The bathrooms in the balcony rooms are especially small. We had a full bath. Our balcony was covered which is why we chose rooms in the back. The pool area was perfect size. You could always find a lounge somewhere on the pool deck. I was surprised at how many younger people were on board. Our group averaged around 51. There were a lot of college kids, parents with little children and a lot of 40 year olds. Of course, there were the older folks Our table was 123, second seating. Marianna was our waitress. She just took off for two months to return to Romania. She was the best. The food was plentiful and good. Everybody in our party agreed. We were unable to stop in Costa Rica due to rough seas. Panama Canal was great. Six of us took the Ocean to Ocean excursion. We loved seeing the entire canal by boat (you take a bus to where the canal leaves Gatun lake). You really appreciate the size of the locks in a smaller vessel. Grand Cayman is really messed up due to the hurricane damage. There isn't much to do there. We went to the mainland Mexico in Cozumel and went to X-Caret. It is an adventure park. Very clean and enjoyable. We went cave tubing in Belize. It was enjoyable but the 1 1/2 hour trip each way makes for a long day. All the excursions are 5 to 6 hours because of driving. I do want to comment that the shore excursions are pricey. We could have booked excursions privately for 1/2 the price. The fitness center is too small for a ship with this many passengers. Very little equipment. I didn't use the SPA so I can't comment. By the way, this was my 18th cruise (my second on Princess). I have been on RCI five times (most recently with our children last January) and Holland America six times, most recently to Alaska in 2003. Would I sail on the Coral Princess again -- yes. Would I go on this particular itinerary again -- probably not. I have been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman too many times and I did not like Belize. If anyone has any questions, please e-mail me.

Coral Princess - Central America/Panama Canal