• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

ctdahlquist
First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: Jan 2005
Cabin: Inside

This was my 5th cruise, having sailed before on Commodore, Royal Olympia, Carnival and Holland America. This cruise was exciting because of the exotic itinerary, and the on-board experience was equal to Holland America and better than the rest on which I've sailed.

Embarkation and Disembarkation -- Embarkation was very smooth -- was on the ship by 11:50 a.m. Disembarkation began around 12:45 p.m. (delayed due to a no-show at the foreign visitor Immigration check-in). Are you not satisfied with your disembarkation time? Just ask the evening before if you can have an earlier time. We were given new dark green luggage tags that moved us to the front of the line. I was amazed!

Cabin -- I stayed in inside cabin 6529 on Deck 6 forward. This was a good location, as there were no cabins across the hall and only a few further forward. The result is less noise from folks walking down the hall. The cabin was average in size with a large bathroom and marvelous shower. I found a nice selection of television programming. I've read some complaints about hard beds. This must be a subjective observation, as I thought the beds were completely comfortable. I've certainly been on harder beds at on-shore hotels.

Inside