3. Marella Dream
5 weeks ago I said I would never go on a cruise. 4 weeks ago we booked it and 3 weeks ago we arrived in Palma!

It was a wonderful experience. From the start everything was well organised and we felt at ease immediately. We didn't have any set expectations and were pleased with what we found. The ship was extremely clean all week, our cabin was immaculate. I would agree that maybe some parts of the ship were a little tired but the cleanliness made up for this.

The food was excellent, there was so much choice and being able to eat at a time to suit us was perfect. We ate every evening in the Orion restaurant and were not disappointed. The portions were small which was just as well with so many courses.

We chose to share a table most evenings and met some very friendly and interesting people, it was also nice to have the choice of eating at a table for 2.

We only went to 2 evening shows, we thought the entertainment was of a good standard but preferred to sit outside watching the sun go down. We did see the crew show which we thought was fantastic - a real highlight of the week.

We didn't go on any organised excursions but made our own way around each port. The people we spoke to who did go on excursions all said that they had enjoyed them and were pleased they went.

The underlying theme of my review seems to be about choice and that sums it up. You can do as little or as much as you choose ensuring a perfect holiday.

First but not last

Marella Dream Cruise Review by Heather Saunders

Heather Saunders’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Bathroom dated but perfectly clean. No noise from other cabins at all. Excellent location (deck 10)
Much larger than expected. Obscured view was OK and better than no window.
Cabin steward did an excellent job.
  Marella Dream Deck Plans