3. Carnival Glory
My spouse and I just returned from a 5 day cruise on the Glory. We had sailed the Glory last June and noticed an improvement. Everything seems sharper and crisper.

We were traveling with friends, so we spent most of our meals in the dining room. The wait staff was excellent, with the maitre d coming around to our table almost every evening. One night, our regular waiter was under the weather. While the substitute struggled, one mention to the maitre d that he could use some help and suddenly three assistant waiters were caring for our table. We found the food very good, with excellent suggestions from our waiter.

Housekeeping kept our cabin clean and well stocked. Our steward was very pleasant with a smile and great conversation whenever we saw him.

The entertainment was a bit spotty. The shows are similar to those last year, but not quite as I remember them. I was waiting for the patriotic ending to the 4th of July show, only to have it fizzle. I remember it being more of a crescendo last year. The entertainment around the ship was spotty. We weren't big fans of the magician, but our friends loved him.

Overall, a good trip on a improved ship.

Enjoyable cruise on the Glory

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by wcrossman

Overall, a good trip on a improved ship.

wcrossman’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin 8E 1059
Very noisy. Too close to the elevators. You hear the dinging all night long. Also, it's near where people part so it's not odd to hear discussions or load talking at 1:30 or 2 am.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Halifax
    We've enjoyed Halifax several times. We made a second visit to the Maritime museum and enjoyed it a great deal. The boardwalk is an excellent opportunity to spend some down time.

We chose a Whale watching tour. If you're interested in a great tour of the harbor and some seal sightings, with an outside chance of seeing a whale, it's a good tour. The boat didn't go out very far and they don't use sonar because of the harbor uses it. We spent a good amount of time circling an area where a fishing boat had spotted a whale the night before our trip. So, if you want to learn about the harbor from the water, spend some time in the open air, see some seals and seagulls, go ahead. If you want a good chance to see a whale, it seems to me you won't have it here.

View All 637 Halifax Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Halifax Cruise Port Review
  • Saint John (New Brunswick)
    We've visited Saint John twice and found it uneventful. The first time, we walked around port. Interesting shops, especially the Market. This time, we took the St Martins tour. The guide was entertaining, filling almost two hours (to and from) with local tidbits of information. Overall, not great, not bad.

View All 323 Saint John (New Brunswick) Cruise Port Reviews