• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Sail Date: Jun 2011
Cabin:
Traveled with children

Reception

Unlike the Royal Caribbean, the reception at the MSC was so cold. People here had a straight face and checked us in as if they were doing us a favor.

As soon as we checked in, we were told to proceed to another counter where a person with a very stern face pointed a finger towards some papers, they were promoting packages. I asked them If I could see it after I have gone into my room as I was very tired. With a very cold and rude way I was told ok. I was quite surprised at this but I thot I was over thinking for no reason.

The Cabin was very nicely done up. I think because its a new cruise liner. Balcony a little small i think.

Port Reviews

Genoa

All italian ports are interesting. Genoa is one of them. But due to shortage of time, we could only do the aquarium and walked around for half an hour.

Palermo (Sicily)

A very interesting port because from here you can visit Sorento (amalfi drive) or Capri. I have been here twice so i have seen both. This is one of the best ports to go to as the choices are fantastic.

Barcelona

Been here a few times. A very good port to go to as there is a lot to do at barcelona. The Ramblas, the Gaudi church etc. Must take the Hop in hop out bus if you have the time. Red color is better.

Find an MSC Splendida Cruise from $169