3. Freedom of the Seas
I coordinated a group of three couples all related. There were no kids and all of us are 55 or older. My wife and I are experienced RCI cruisers so I opted for Freedom of the Seas. All of us had D1 staterooms.

We used the main dining room on all nights except one and we selected Chops that night. I thought the food in the main dining room was very good and Chops FABULOUS.

Embarkation was easy and we were in the Windjammer before we knew it enjoying that first buffet. We used the Windjammer each day for breakfast. It did start getting a bit routine and we thought of using the main dining room toward the end of the cruise.

The pools are great and were crowded, and there are the issues of trying to save deck chairs but RCI staff was helpful as well.

There is a myriad of activities for anyone at any time.

The shows were all great especially the ice show. Do NOT fail to line up for tickets for the ice show when they become available.

The only real issue was elevator availability. Sometimes the waits were frustratingly long. I often observed early teens and younger riding the elevators even after the 1AM curfew.

Overall a very good family ship with really good entertainment in the evenings.

Freedom of the Seas ROCKS

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by larry_kak

• Sail Date: June 2011
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

There is a myriad of activities for anyone at any time.

Overall a very good family ship with really good entertainment in the evenings.

larry_kak’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D1
We had a D1 on the "hump" and could see in both directions. I liked that.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins