• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Grandeur of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
46 Awards

Back To Earth With A Bang!

Review for Grandeur of the Seas to the Eastern Mediterranean
JenMcB
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jun 2011
Cabin: Large Ocean View Stateroom

I have been spoiled for holidays for life! Nothing is ever going to compare to a cruise! From start to finish everything was absolutely amazing. I honestly couldn't fault anything.

As first time cruisers, Mum & I had no idea what to expect. And as a poor traveller, I was more than slightly concerned about sea sickness to say the least. Total waste of worry! Very rarely did we ever feel any movement at all!

The food was amazing. The choice in the Windjammer was astounding. If anyone whinged that there was nothing for them, then they are born whingers! There was everything you could think of. The Great Gatsby was wonderful. Our waiter, Roberto, was one of the nicest and most helpful people I have ever met. Always a smile when he saw you.

Large Ocean View Stateroom

Cabin F

All great! Loads of storage space. Hangers plentiful, drawers loads. Great bathroom and everything!

Port Reviews

Barcelona

Lovely place. Found it a bit hard to get around though, and managed to get very, very lost!!! Bus station is quite a bit away from all the best places to be, so make sure to wear your walking shoes. Lots of great architecture to see.

Ibiza

Such a lovely place. Had totally the wrong picture of it in my mind! Lots of lovely little winding streets to explore. Gets unbelievably hot in the afternoon though.

Gibraltar

Gibraltar was defo my fav stop of the cruise. The port is really close to town, so easily walkable. My Mum can't walk any distance, so we jumped on a local shuttle, which only cost a few pounds. It left us off at the main square beside the high street, and picked you up there as well.

Great mixture of normal high street shops, and some amazing local retailers as well. Everything was great value for money, and all the locals were so friendly. Can't wait to go back!!!

The one thing I will say is don't take ANY food ANYWHERE near those monkeys! No-one on our coach did, but some woman let her kid get out of a car with an ice-cream and a monkey jumped on the womans back and swung off her bra straps trying to get at the kids ice-cream! As scared as the woman and her kid must have been, I have never laughed so hard in my life! As we drove off back down the rock, the monkey was sitting on a wall eating the ice-cream! Soooo funny!

Find a Grandeur of the Seas Cruise from $145