3. Celebrity Solstice
I have to say that after the "cruise from hell" some 10 years ago, it was with some trepidation that husband and I decided to book another one. We were advised by our Travel Agent to go up a notch from our previous cruise line. We booked originally to go out on the Celebrity Eclipse on the 4th June from Southampton - unfortunately the other half decided to have a very serious heart operation last July and it was decided to cancel this cruise. By the time April came round, husband was fit and well and we were both kicking ourselves for cancelling the cruise. I was in dire need of some serious R&R so we took the bull by the horns and booked on the Solstice departing from Barcelona on the 7th June. We flew to Barcelona from Heathrow the night before and checked in to the Pere IV - very good hotel, seedy area but clean and the food was super.

We took a taxi to the Port and embarkation was smooth and efficient. The ship was wonderful I was overawed at her size and once on board she was just like a floating luxury resort. Our Stateroom was great - so quiet, it was often hard to believe we were on a ship. The bed had to be the most comfy I have ever slept in and both of us slept wonderfully. The crew were fantastic - nothing was too much trouble, there was always a smile and we were greeted back on board after visiting the Ports with a "Welcome Back". It took me two days to settle back into cruising and after that I was the most relaxed on holiday that I have ever been. Dining in the main dining room was excellent - the food was good and our waiters, attentive and great fun. Entertainments was generally excellent but the singing group left us cold!!! Everything else though was great. Kotor in Montenegro was without doubt the most beautiful place I have ever seen - think Norwegian Fjords with heat! It was lovely.

Suffice to say that we enjoyed it so much, we have immediately booked again for next June.

Taken 10 years but I'm back!

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Gladys146

Gladys146’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1B 9131
Great balcony, wonderful 360 degree view. Very quiet. Comfy beds. Nice position in ship - not too far to go to Cafes etc.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins