• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

digcruising
6-10 Cruises

Sail Date: Jan 2010
Cabin:

My wife and I booked with a local tour guide a group cruise and land tour with Royal Caribbean. The cruise portion was on the Radinace of the Seas. We did not know before we boarded that this week was the first week after the three week renovation, and we stayed on deck nine. My wife knew something was wrong because of the slight mold smell and then we saw the air blowers. I did not notice since my sense of smell is very weak.

It was a great cruise. The officers and crew really tried hard to please. Our wait staff in the dining room were EXCELENT! Josie Valenqueze from Peru was the best we have had. Because we were sailing on the Radiance we did not expect A+ food but we got what I considered was at least an A. We ate every night in the Main Diningroom and loved it. I personally enjoyed the shooters every night presented in a different colored glass to keep.

The problems I found were these (you must know we were on deck nine.)

They needed to work on the plumbing. No Cold water in our sink all seven nights. Not any water in our sink one night of the week. But, we were on deck nine. The site of the water main break four weeks earlier. The size of cabin 9572 was right sized, but other people in our group were in much smaller cabins on lower decks. Good balcony. One night the people two doors down held a party and there was no sleeping that night until after three am. When the crew had to do work on the maintenance area across from our cabin they completely blocked the passage way with houskeeping carts and room service trays that were stored in these maintenance areas. These carts should have been taken below not stored in the maintenance rooms.

Port Reviews

Juneau

Lots to do, but remember it is a rainy location.

Skagway

Set up just for the tourists. And they go completely out of their way to make you feel welcome.

previous reviewnext review