3. Oosterdam
We had a great trip don't get me wrong. Service was incredibly good. Staff was very friendly and very helpful but the Oosterdam is getting old. The decorating was bad. Tacky is a good word for it. You could see where they had updated parts but not other sections. Our room was sort of not so clean. I hate mildew in a shower or tub grout and there were mildew spots. I looked under the bed and it looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. We actually had a dirty blanket, yuk! Food was OK. I've had better on Princess. One of the shore excursions should have be canceled. We got in later into Victoria and we arrived at Butchart Gardens in the dark. How do you see gardens in the dark? You don't. Loved our cabin. We had a back corner which was great for Glacier Bay. Scenery was fabulous. We had a wonderful time and loved our room Stewart and table captain. Would do again only on a different ship. We bought a disembarkation package to the airport. Don't waste your money. You are better off getting your own town car to the airport. It was $30 per person and you get on a big bus and they dump you off in some remote spot in the airport. We had my 90 year old mother with and had no wheel car. We had to haul everything ourselves for what felt like miles. Total ripoff. Bad service. HAL needs to improve this badly.

Osterdam was just ok

Oosterdam Cruise Review by ZiggyStardust12

• Sail Date: June 2011
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite

Food was OK. I've had better on Princess.

ZiggyStardust12’s Full Rating Summary