3. Sea Princess
Mrs. Shipgeek here. Mr. S. will give his review separately.

This was our 28th cruise, but our first with Princess. I'm sorry that we waited so long; it was a very nice cruise.

The Sea Princess is a nice size ship with a tasteful interior, clean, and easy to get around. Our cabin was very comfortable. The ship handled well in "seas", with very little movement. The wraparound promenade deck was wonderful for walking, or sitting in a teak deck chair.

The itinerary was excellent; scenery was even better than the pictures in all the brochures we've been reading for two years. We did go ashore at all ports, and enjoyed them all.

Food was good to excellent; better in MDR than buffet. The many interesting vegetarian dishes were great, as were the fresh fruits. The only disappointment was the coffee - inconsistent, and different from cup to cup.

The onboard naturalist, and the Rangers who were aboard while in Glacier Bay, were excellent, informative, and friendly. I learned a lot, and sensed their passion for what they do.

Evening entertainment was so-so, but that seems to be the case on almost all ships these days.

All the crew I dealt with had a good grasp of English. Food servers, both MDR and buffet, were able to tell me what was in various dishes - important for a person with a shellfish allergy.

Princess was scrupulous about sanitation. Use of hand gel was enforced at buffets, and all items were served rather than letting us take anything. Salt, pepper, sugar were in packets only, available by request. Annoying at first, but a reminder that one should be sure to pack an "open mind" when traveling, as it is to our benefit that we had no trouble with any sickness. Chair arm rests, as well as tables, were wiped down after each person left; stair rails, elevator buttons, etc., were cleaned continuously, as well.

We had booked air, transfers and cruise as one package, and it was seamless and trouble-free. A long cross-country flight is not fun in itself, but if I could avoid that, I'd do an Alaska cruise again and again. This one was a winner.

A very pleasant Alaska cruise

Sea Princess Cruise Review by shipgeeks

• Sail Date: May 2011
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
Mrs. Shipgeek here. Mr. S. will give his review separately.

shipgeeks’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin BD B634
Very pleasant cabin. Close to elevators, but did not hear them, nor passersby, at all.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins