CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

Ruby Princess Review

Editor Rating
1913 reviews
5 Awards

Ruby goes down...... hard sell is the new customer service!!

Review for Ruby Princess to the Western Mediterranean
Susan
6-10 Cruises • Age 20s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2011
Cabin: Balcony

My husband and I joined the cruise in Fort Lauderdale on 1st May 2011. Embarkation was speedy and efficient and as we passed through the ship to our cabin, we were reminded how pleasant it was to be greeted by staff, who were just passing by, in such a pleasant and genuine way. It made us feel good.

Due to the unexpected and critical illness of my husband last year, we had to cancel all our cruises and this was the first cruise in over a year.

When we opened the door of our cabin (R503) the smell hit us. The only way I can describe the smell, is that sometimes you pass by people that have obviously not washed their hair for a long time and the smell hits you. I opened the balcony door to let in some air. It was very obvious that the smell was coming from the cushions placed on the bed and so we moved them immediately under the bed. It was disgusting. Unfortunately they had already passed the smell on to the clean pillow cases and so we left these out to air and ensured that we did not use them.

Balcony

Cabin BB

Nice room but cushions and foot cloths were filthy......but don't mention it the to steward!!!!

previous reviewnext review