From the moment I boarded Marina I began to compare it to all the other lines with whom I have traveled. This was an adult experience with all the amenities of a fine hotel.

If you compare the amenities of Oceania with other lines, it quickly makes you aware of Oceania's commitment to excellence. From the Bulgari skin products, 1,000 thread count sheets, included mineral water and soft drinks, beyond comparison cuisine in the main dining room and speciality restaurants, the luxury concierge lounge, the handy self-use laundry room, complementary rain umbrellas to borrow, and the expanded library which was run on an honor system , every aspect of sailing had been planned for the cruisers so they would feel like they were in their own home.

The staff was at least 1.5 per passenger making all the difference. There was a team of two people assigned to clean each room. Never have I had individual servers in the cafeteria area on a cruise. This enhances the level of cleanliness on board.

Embarkation and disembarking were effortless. No long lines were encountered during the cruise. Being able to go to the main dining room at your own leisure was a treat.

When unable to stay our scheduled two days in Bermuda due to weather, a visit to the Azores was included in the trip.

It was interesting to hear fellow passengers comment that they enjoyed the smaller Oceania ships more in comparison to the new Marina. I have booked the Miami to Panama trip in November on the Regatta and will be able to make my own decision.

Marina Experience